Once you participate in the Global Glimpse program, you are officially invited to join our dynamic alumni community, currently thousands strong and growing. Through this alumni community, you will receive support from our dedicated team, including access to prestigious scholarships, fellowships, internships, and job opportunities at both Global Glimpse and companies and programs with whom we partner. You will also have the opportunity to stay connected with fellow Glimpsers from your trip and become mentors to younger students in the program. Our alumni are truly the beating heart of our community, which is why we are so committed to nurturing their academic, professional, and personal success.
Where Our Alumni Are Now
Carnegie Mellon University
George Washington University
London School of Economics
New York University
San Francisco State University
University of California
University of Chicago
University of Massachusetts
University of Notre Dame
University of Oregon
University of Pennsylvania
University of Washington
Cloud Lending Solutions
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
East Harlem Scholars Academy
Fresh Air Fund
Gibson, Dunn, & Crutcher LLP
Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley
Institute for International Education
U.S. Department of State
Opportunities For Alumni Of Any Age
- Join our LinkedIn Alumni Network to connect with 8,000+ fellow Global Glimpse alumni from around the world and learn about exclusive professional and academic opportunities.
- Fill out the Alumni Engagement Form so we can contact you if volunteer or other opportunities to stay involved with the Global Glimpse community come up.
- Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn to discover exclusive updates, connect with fellow alumni, and be the first to hear about exciting opportunities and events!
Opportunities For Alumni in Grade 12
Alumni Ambassador Program
Our comprehensive follow-on program, consisting of four dynamic summits, equips alumni with the tools and skills needed to step into leadership roles within their schools, all while preparing them for the journey towards higher education and rewarding careers.
Cohort Building & Public Speaking
Mentorship, Storytelling, & Facilitation
Ambassadors prepare to mentor the cohort of Glimpsers at their schools by practicing their own facilitation and learning how storytelling can be a powerful tool for social change.
College & Career Day
Life After High School
Opportunities For Alumni After High School
Snap Global Office Hours Fellowship
Accepted students attend five interactive 2-hour sessions to network with each other and the employees of our partner Snap Inc. (makers of Snapchat) from their various offices around the world. Students also receive a stipend.
Applications Open Each Winter
Global Education Summer Internship
Interns receive a stipend, a round-trip flight certificate, and 1-on-1 mentorship with GG staff members.
Applications Open Each Spring
Opportunities For Alumni Ages 23+
-Thea Lemaster, 2014 Alumna
In 2023, we asked our 8,000+ alumni how their Global Glimpse experience has impacted their lives. Responses show that Global Glimpse alumni are better prepared for college and their careers!
- 91% mentioned Global Glimpse in their college admissions applications.
- 91% say it made them more open to learning new things in college.
- 85% say they can better navigate the social and emotional challenges of college.
- 81% say it increased their desire to study abroad in college.
- 44% are first-generation college students.
- 88% report that Global Glimpse developed their ability to collaborate with colleagues from different backgrounds
- 91% say it increased their belief that they have a responsibility to make their community and the world a better place.
- 87% say they are able to be a more self-aware and open-minded professional.
- 73% report that Global Glimpse developed the skills, confidence, and perspective they need to succeed in the workforce
“The diversity of the group and the connections I made along the way made the program powerful. It made me more confident in my voice.”
– Sabrina H., 2023 Glimpser, Massachusetts
“My major in school is interpersonal communications. Traveling with Global Glimpse influenced this because I was in a new place that predominantly spoke Spanish as the first language so I had to get creative with how I connected and related to the locals. I made lifelong connections and learned new things not only about the world outside of what I know, but also about myself.”
– Alicia T-W., 2019 Glimpser, Chicago Area
“Global Glimpse helped me in so many ways but it specifically prepared me for the social aspect of college. From personal interactions with other students to navigating social experiences with larger groups of people, my experience with Global Glimpse has taught me to lead with an open mind and an open heart. I feel like the interactions I had with locals unlocked a part of me and a part of the world I could not even imagine existed. Being in the US, and especially the Bay Area, I am in a very small bubble that lets very little information in or out, but going on this trip and forming genuine bonds with the locals burst that bubble. It not only allowed me to open up my mind to more experiences, but to actively look for those same experiences to make lasting human connections.”
– Simon M., 2016 Glimpser, San Francisco Bay Area
“The experience helped me gain confidence and allowed me to challenge myself for the better. I was hesitant to study science because I didn’t perform well in high school but I went for it, found the support I needed and was able to succeed.”
– Briana F., 2014 Glimpser, New York City Area