Become a Gg Teacher
Global Glimpse Leaders (GGLs) are faculty at each of our partner schools who believe deeply in the transformational power of global education and travel. GGLs volunteer their time to support the program at their school and can choose to travel with students during the summer.
DON’T MISS THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME TO…
- Make life-changing global education accessible to students at your school
- Receive the training and tools to be a global educator
- Travel with students to the Dominican Republic, Ecuador or Costa Rica for FREE!
- Join a diverse, regional network of passionate educators from other schools
- Earn Continuing Education Units for credentialing or salary advancement (SEE FULL DETAILS)
ABOUT THE SUMMER TRIP
- Choose from multiple sites in Latin America
- Participate in 16 day itineraries designed to engage, inform, and inspire!
- Stay in comfortable group accommodations and experience the local cuisine as prepared by our food providers
- Structured, dynamic, cultural immersion activities to get you off the beaten path (each day is planned by our in-country staff)
- Facilitate morning warm-ups and nightly meetings for an inspiring group of young leaders
- Be a chaperone, mentor, teacher, and student!
of educators agree that serving as a Global Glimpse Leader has made them a more confident and effective educator.
of Global Glimpse Leaders strongly recommend the Global Glimpse program to other educators.
GLOBAL GLIMPSE LEADER TIMELINE
The following timeline outlines the responsibilities and time commitment required to volunteer as a Global Glimpse Leader. In addition, dedicated, full time Global Glimpse staff are committed to providing you support through:
- Dynamic, educator-designed lesson plans
- Trip preparation training and support
- Training and tools designed to support program management and enhance professional development
- All travel logistics taken care of by Global Glimpse, including airline ticket booking
Welcome & Train (6 hours)
GGL(s) attend a day-long program orientation and training on the weekend to prepare for the program nomination and selection process.
OCTOBER – NOVEMBER
Nominate & Inform (6 hours)
GGL(s) work with other school faculty to nominate students to attend Student & Parent Info Sessions, led by Global Glimpse staff on campus.
DECEMBER – JANUARY
Select & Welcome (10 hours)
Students are accepted based on their applications and the first Welcome & Fundraising workshops are held.
FEBRUARY – MAY
Fundraise & Prepare (25 hours)
GGL(s) facilitate three in-person pre-trip workshops, and GG staff members facilitate three virtual ones. Students fundraise and pay for their program fees in four payments. Parents attend a pre- trip orientation led by Global Glimpse staff on campus prior to students’ departure.
JUNE, JULY, OR AUGUST
Travel (14 days)
Students and educators participate in an 14 day cultural immersion and leadership development travel program. They can select from multiple trip dates in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, or Costa Rica.
Note: Travel is optional for GG Leaders
Give Back & Pass the Torch (5 hours)
Returning students attend a final closing workshop and can apply to be in our Alumni Ambassador leadership program at their school during their senior year. GGLs identify another teacher to take the lead at their school or participate in the program again.
Interested in becoming a Global Glimpse Leader?
Know an educator who would be a good fit for our program?