Become a Partner Organization
Global Glimpse partners closely with organizations serving high school students across the United States to bring powerful cultural immersion, leadership development, and service-learning programs to students from all backgrounds.
Don’t Miss the Opportunity to…
- Include hands-on, real-word learning among summer enrichment opportunities you can offer to your students. Check out more about our model.
- Give students the chance to travel to incredible off-the-beaten path destinations in either Ecuador, Costa Rica, or the Dominican Republic. Choose from dozens of summer trip date options June through August. Check out more about where we travel.
- Partner with an organization that places diversity and equity at the heart of our model and brings together students from different schools and backgrounds on each trip. Over 78% of Global Glimpse students identify at BIPOC, and over 50% come from low-income households. Check out more about our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Support your students to prepare for careers and college by giving them an experience that helps them stand out from the crowd. Over 80% of our alumni write about their GG experience as part of their college applications!
Current Partner Organizations
ORGANIZATIONS WHO WOULD BE A GOOD FIT FOR GLOBAL GLIMPSE
- Serve high school juniors (grade 11) in the United States
- Believe in making international travel experiences accessible to students from all backgrounds
- Want to empower their students by helping them build empathy, agency, and global perspective
- Support their students to participate in cultural immersion, service learning, or leadership development
- Provide funding for their students to enroll in summer enrichment programs
Partner organization staff meets with Global Glimpse staff to sign up (or recommit) as a partner for the upcoming year and share with Global Glimpse an estimate of the expected number of students they would like to enroll in the program.
NOVEMBER – DECEMBER
Global Glimpse staff facilitate information sessions for partner organization staff or their students and their families. Partner organizations and Global Glimpse sign a contract for the year and partner organizations submit a tuition deposit for the students they will enroll.
JANUARY – FEBRUARY
Partner organizations nominate students for the Global Glimpse program. Students submit applications, receive an admissions decision, and are notified about their trip placement. Students apply for a new or renewed passport if they need one.
MARCH – MAY
Global Glimpse staff facilitates virtual pre-trip workshops for students during which they meet their trip leaders and other students placed on their trip. Students’ parents attend a pre-trip info session led by Global Glimpse staff prior to students’ departure. Partner Organizations submit final tuition payment.
JUNE – AUGUST
Students participate in a cultural immersion and leadership development travel program. They can select from multiple trip dates in the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, or Costa Rica. Learn more about where we travel.
Returning partner organization staff meet with Global Glimpse staff to review results from post-program surveys to celebrate student experiences, and discuss improvements for the following year. Returning students in primary Global Glimpse regions are invited to join (for free) the Alumni Ambassador program, focusing on college and career readiness.
HOW TO BECOME A PARTNER ORGANIZATION
Step 1: Let us know if you would like to schedule an introductory phone call or video meeting. Contact: Jonathan Kramer-Roach, Programs & Operations Manager ([email protected]).
Step 2: (optional) Observe a Global Glimpse event, such as a virtual pre-trip workshop for high school juniors, to get a sense of what it would be like to be part of the Global Glimpse community.
Step 3: Complete a New Partner Organization Application. Schedule a follow up meeting as needed to discuss any nuances about a potential partnership that could not be captured in the application.
PARTNER ORGANIZATION STUDENT TESTIMONIALS
“As we shared these experiences together in the Dominican Republic, we grew as human beings. You go in as a different person than when you leave. You leave as a better person with more knowledge, wisdom, and friendships. Your light shines brighter.”
– Anelalani V. Summer Search San Francisco 2022
“As I walked through the airport traveling back home from the trip, I saw all the gates and stores I initially walked by when going to Costa Rica. It was the most full circle moment I’ve had. I pictured myself on that day at the airport scared to go on this journey, and I smiled wishing that younger version of me would have known what an amazing experience she was about to begin.”
– Eddily M, SEO Scholars 2022
“This program showed me first hand that being out of my comfort zone can bring amazing things to my life. I’ve made beautiful friends inside and out, and I got a very humbling experiences outside of the country all while contributing to my life goal of traveling the world.”
– Jessica U., Summer Search Boston 2022
“We all bonded differently than if we were in school. Since we were living together and visiting places we would have never visited otherwise, we talked a lot and strengthened our bonds with each other.”
– Doris W., Academy Group 2022
PARTNER ORGANIZATION TESTIMONIAL
“Summer Search has partnered with Global Glimpse for multiple years and they’ve been one of our favorite partners. They support our youth across all our sites (which span across the nation) and they always return with engaging stories of personal growth and exploration. Many of our youth have even gone on to write about their Global Glimpse trips in their personal statements. It’s these testimonials that help us feel confident in our partnership with Global Glimpse.
Additionally, all of the GG staff that I’ve met have been welcoming and incredibly communicative. They promptly answer any questions we have (and we have a lot!) and troubleshoot any unique challenges, which demonstrates to us that youth and community are at the center of their work. They’ve been super receptive to any feedback and we’ve seen them grow over the years to be more inclusive. Lastly, you can’t beat how seamlessly Global Glimpse handles all the program management and planning – this has given us space to focus on our youth and make sure they are mentally and emotionally ready to go abroad. If anyone is considering partnering with Global Glimpse, I would highly recommend working with them!”
–Amanda C., Summer Search Summer Programs Manager