Social Media Paid Intern (Part-time)
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for an authentic and inspiring alumni voice – someone who loves to tell stories and uses social media to inspire connection. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, the Social Media Intern will leverage their strong skills across social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok to amplify awareness about equity and access in the travel industry and bring the Global Glimpse brand to life. You will work in partnership with our team, alumni, current students, educators, partners, and supporters to develop and post content that amplifies underrepresented voices and engages our diverse stakeholders. This an ideal role for a Global Glimpse alum with skills in social media marketing, communications, and graphic design to build a strong portfolio and make a lasting impact.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT
Share our story:
Bring the Global Glimpse brand to life and create daily opportunities for connection with creative, catchy, and inspiring content
- Find creative ways to amplify the diverse voices of our students, alumni, educators, staff, and supporters
- Create vibrant, colorful visual content that informs engages, and inspires our diverse stakeholders
- Use your own experience with Global Glimpse to support current students and better serve our growing alumni community
- Monitor postings to ensure a consistent brand message in language and imagery
Create meaningful avenues for our diverse stakeholders to both learn about and contribute to the next stage of growth and impact for Global Glimpse.
- Work alongside the team to develop and manage a monthly social media strategy in line with organizational objectives and goals
- Post content on a regular cadence and respond promptly to all messages and inquiries
- Highlight and reshare incredible content produced by our community
- Assist in implementing plans to increase followers on popular social media websites such as Instagram, TikTok, LinkedIn, and Facebook
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- Expert Communicator: You communicate clearly and effectively and you have a strong eye for design, optics, and visual storytelling.
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you have solid skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision. You thrive creatively when systems are in place to manage the basic tenets of your work and maximize efficiency.
- Innovative & Creative: You are not afraid to share big, audacious ideas that have the potential to drive impact and you demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking when tackling opportunities and challenges in your work.
- Results Driven: You hold yourself to unusually high standards, and that is reflected in the content you produce; you seek input from others to continually build your expertise.
- Excellent Judgement: You have an astute and attentive “stakeholder first” mentality, exercising discretion, and excellent judgement in stewarding brands and balancing competing priorities to reach organizational objectives.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong social media management experience, either personal or in a professional setting
- Functional knowledge of Google Suite
- Familiar with multi-social posting through programs such as Hootsuite and HubSpot
BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Some experience with Google Analytics and/or Canva
- A formal or informal portfolio showcasing successful digital storytelling
- Graphic design and/or video editing experience
- Experience developing content for Gen-Z
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE
You are passionate about storytelling and you have a natural rhythm of sharing content in your daily life. Perhaps you are in school or taking some time off to work or travel. You are able to juggle your commitments to Global Glimpse with your life with grace and you manage your work time in a way that works for you and the organization. A typical day might include meeting with Global Glimpse team members to gather inspiring stories, reaching out to alumni to request photos for an alumni feature, working with the development team to develop a series of posts to highlight the impact of a corporate partner, or designing and publishing a beautiful post. You’re celebrating the wins and learning from missed opportunities, keeping team members engaged in our social media, and building engagement across all stakeholders.
Play a critical role in inspiring, informing, and engaging the Global Glimpse community and building a more accessible, authentic avenue for people to connect with our brand.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 7,500 students and 550 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $13M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global GLimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
- Location: Global Glimpse has transitioned to a fully remote culture with staff across the country and around the world. This position is fully remote.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; ideal start date is July or August, 2021
- Compensation: This is a part-time role starting at 10-15 hrs/week. We are proud to provide a competitive hourly rate for this role and opportunities for future full-time employment. We offer a compensation package that puts the person first and have a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employees, learn more about our benefits here.
- Application process: Submit your resume online and be sure to include your social handles and the handles of any company or organization that you have managed in the past – no need to include a cover letter, we want to hear from you directly!
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps:
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should reflect, respect, and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.