We attract courageous, passionate, results-oriented professionals and provide exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development, in addition to competitive compensation. If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, we invite you to learn more about what we believe, our model, and our people.
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Global Education Alumni Intern
Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 15-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 65 high schools and serve 1,000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, and Ecuador. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
Global Glimpse is seeking a motivated Development Associate to join our dynamic fundraising and development team. The Development Associate will support our individual and business contribution generation and management, grants management, and development operations. This position will work closely with our Executive Director and Corporate & Community Engagement Manager, and collaboratively with members of the programs team to help meet the organization’s ambitious fundraising and growth goals. This is a full-time position based in Global Glimpse’s Berkeley, CA headquarters and an opportunity for an ambitious and creative individual to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced, highly successful, growing international non-profit organization.
- Research prospective foundation and institutional funding opportunities to develop and expand a strong grant pipeline
- Support the full lifecycle of grants and institutional funders, including but not limited to, drafting funder updates, tracking deadlines, writing and submitting letters of intent, proposals, and reports, and pulling data for reporting purposes
- Create and maintain an up-to-date grant kit with language and materials to support grant proposals across all Global Glimpse U.S. and international program regions
- Research and support Executive Director to source new potential donors, maintain a comprehensive list of individuals for the Executive Director to develop and cultivate
- Support Executive Director to design and implement fundraising campaigns and steward all current donors
- Write thank you cards to donors & supporters and prepare thank you letters/gifts for major donors
- Track donor metrics quarterly and annually, help develop strong donor engagement strategies to drive a high percentage of repeat donors ○ Support with tracking all give-gets for regional Rising Leaders Councils, Global Leadership Council, and national Board of Directors in order to update constituents in a timely manner
- Ensure donors and funders are accurately listed in all collateral, organizational material, and on the website
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor database and records in Salesforce, including donation tracking and reporting and pulling lists for mailings
- Generate all reports, queries, and data analyses to track fundraising efforts against organizational goals
- Process donations and gift acknowledgement letters accurately and in a timely manner and assist with fulfillment of donor and sponsor benefits
- Support with year-end fundraising and annual fundraising and appreciation campaigns through mailings, donor recognition, and drafting campaign correspondence
- Support with major fundraising events; including but not limited to managing ticket sales, highlighting sponsors, day-of-logistics, and post-event follow-up Maintain and support Global Glimpse’s presence on third party fundraising platforms such as Razoo and Crowdrise
- 1+ years of work experience with demonstrated success in fundraising
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in relevant fields
- Passion for international education and youth development
- Excellent writing, communication, and strong research skills
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, results-oriented and deadline driven
- Team player, ability to motivate a team to engage in and support fundraising
- Skilled in Google Apps, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Experience with Salesforce or similar donor database
Reports to: Corporate and Community Engagement Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience, health benefits, Unlimited PTO, cellphone reimbursement & professional development.
Location: Berkeley, CA
Start Date: March, 2018
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please send resume and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to [email protected]. Please have “Development Associate – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
Global Education Alumni Intern
Did your Global Glimpse experience have a positive impact on your life? Do you want to help make this experience possible for others? Are you looking to get experience in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is looking for a motivated and passionate alum to become a summer intern during our busiest and most exciting time of year. The intern will work closely with staff based in our Berkeley, California headquarters or one of our regional offices in New York City or Chicago to support many facets of the organization. The ideal candidate will strongly represent Global Glimpse and our mission to inspire a new generation of U.S. high school students to become responsible global citizens.
- Research to support program expansion including information about new countries, potential partner schools, organizations, and companies
- Manage social media including overseeing Global Glimpse’s trip blogs as well as adding to our social media presence and impact
- Support our partner school program with updating after school workshop curriculum and other materials for the upcoming school year
- Help improve and expand our alumni ambassador program for returning high school seniors including reading through surveys from current participants
- Prepare for and support fall fundraising events
- Assist with marketing projects when needed
- Administrative support including research on flights and office materials
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- A GG Alum who is excited to share their Global Glimpse experience and represent the organization with utmost professionalism
- Motivation to make a difference in the lives of our students
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated experience and interest in social media
- Experience working with youth
- Interest in global education and international issues
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a close-knit team
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines and juggle several assignments at once
- Fluency in Spanish is a bonus, but not required
- Ability to work at least two full days a week out of one of our 3 offices: Berkeley, New York City, or Chicago
NOTE: This position is open to Global Glimpse alums who have already finished high school ONLY.
Duration: May/June-August (with possible extension, exact start and end dates are flexible)
Commitment: 10-14 week internship. Looking for full time and part time (20-25 hours/week) interns.
Location(s): Berkeley, CA or New York, NY or Chicago, IL
Compensation: This is a paid internship with a stipend of $1,000 provided to part-time interns, and $2,000 provided to full-time interns. Interns will receive their stipend at the end of the summer upon successful completion of their internship.
Deadline: Applications received by February 28th, 2018 will receive preferential review. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
YOU MUST BE A GLOBAL GLIMPSE ALUM AND FINISHED WITH HIGH SCHOOL TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Global Education Alumni Intern” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please indicate what year you traveled with GG, where you went, and what partner school/organization you were in. You should also include your availability during the summer (which days you will be available and if you are interested in a part time or full time role).