We attract courageous, passionate, results-oriented professionals and provide exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development, in addition to competitive compensation. If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, we invite you to learn more about what we believe, our model, and our people.
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Assistant Director, Dominican Republic (Full-Time)
Assistant Director, Dominican Republic (Full-time)
About Global Glimpse
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 16-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 80 high schools and serve 1,000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Latin America. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities
The Assistant Director will be responsible for overseeing program operations, staff management, and program expansion in the Dominican Republic. This role includes supporting staff trainings, negotiating contracts with local providers and managing seasonal program staff. This is an opportunity for an experienced leader to develop strong skills in a fast-paced international non-profit organization.
Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Negotiate contracts and maintain relationships with food, accommodation, and transportation providers for Global Glimpse programs in the Dominican Republic
- Hold all partners and providers accountable to Global Glimpse health and safety standards and contractual agreements
- Support new site development by building and maintaining a local network of partnerships across sectors to ensure Global Glimpse has adequate connections and resources to execute successful programs
- Develop engaging 16-day itinerary templates for Global Glimpse programs in current sites and in new program sites
- Manage the recruitment, hiring and onboarding of seasonal Program Coordinators and Local Youth Ambassadors
- Support the Country Director to deliver program trainings and prepare seasonal program staff to execute successful summer programs
- Ensure that students and teachers have a fun, safe and educational experiences and all local partnerships are stewarded and supported when delegations are in country during the months of June, July and August
- Be available 24/7 when delegations are in country to problem-solve health and behavior issues, changes in schedules, staffing issues, and other emergencies
- Support Country Director to review and analyze all evaluations and end of season reports and develop strategies to implement improvements and innovations for the following year
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- Bilingual: 100% English and Spanish fluency (professional-level written and verbal skills)
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, education, business administration or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, preferably in the field of international education / tourism
- Experience networking and building successful community development programs in the Dominican Republic
- Self motivated, strong time management skills
- Strong computer and editing skills to elaborate Excel spreadsheets, Google Documents, contracts, emails, etc.
- Passion for Dominican culture and the Global Glimpse mission
- Experience working with and managing diverse teams
- Negotiation, de-escalation, and partnership agreement skills
- Experience overseeing projects with budgets exceeding $500,000+
- Understanding of legal and financial oversight, especially as it pertains to NGOs in the DR preferred but not required
- Enjoys working with others, strong team player
- Committed, flexible to job needs- willing to work long hours and weekends during the summer season
Ideal Start Date: Monday, Nov. 26th (full time, at will employment). Seeking commitment to the organization with opportunities for advancement / promotion.
Location: Jarabacoa or Constanza. The ideal candidate will be living in Jarabacoa or be able to relocate there through summer of 2019.
Fall-Spring: Travel within the Dominican Republic 5-10 days per month
Summer (when delegations are in-country): Support summer program sites and staff. Travel 10+ days/month visiting program sites.
We provide a monthly cell phone plan, health insurance, 14 vacation days a year additionally all work related travel expenses are covered
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Please upload a résumé and a letter of interest in English introducing yourself and describing why you would be an excellent candidate for this position at http://globalglimpse.net/aplica Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but have a preference date of October 15th.