Community Engagement Manager
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a community builder – someone caring and consistent who deeply values connection and develops authentic relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Engagement Manager will oversee the full lifecycle of our partnerships with leading global brands including financial investment, engagement, and storytelling, develop and maintain strong relationships with institutional funders, and steward our amazing community of donors and supporters. This is an ideal role for an organized go-getter with expert networker skills to execute and innovate in a fast-paced environment
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT:
Build world-changing partnerships:
Work with global brands in the travel industry and beyond that care deeply about the impact they have on communities around the world.
- Manage a portfolio of corporate partners to drive mutually beneficial outcomes
- Create meaningful and authentic opportunities for engagement and storytelling that support our students and educators
Partner with funders, donors, and partners to generate resources and support to maximize our program impact for students, families, educators, and community partners.
- Look for opportunities for us to improve our donor management and engagement systems, processes, and strategies
- Closely track funder analytics and leverage data to drive fundraising and development strategy
- Source new potential supporters, donors, and partners to increase our reach and deepen our impact
Share our story:
Create inspiring content that supports donors and supporters to learn about the lives of our students, educators, team members, and community partners.
- Draft newsletters, funder updates, and social content that keeps our donors, partners, supporters informed and engaged in our work
- Find creative ways to amplify the diverse voices of our community – students, educators, and staff – in order to bring our program impact to life
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- Expert Communicator: You have strong emotional intelligence, and build trust and rapport easily with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. You communicate clearly and effectively, understanding who needs to know what and adapting the message accordingly. You have a strong eye for design, optics, and visual storytelling.
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you have impeccable skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision. You thrive creatively when systems are in place to manage the basic tenets of your work and maximize efficiency.
- Innovative & Creative: You are not afraid to share big, audacious ideas that have the potential to drive impact and you demonstrate out-of-the-box thinking when tackling opportunities and challenges in your work.
- Handles Ambiguity: You can navigate uncertainty and confidently chart your course in new, unstructured, or changing environments.
- Results Driven: You have strong business acumen and you show a sense of urgency in achieving your goal and hold yourself accountable to the outcomes you set for yourself. You hold yourself to unusually high standards, and that is reflected in the content you produce; you seek input from others to continually build your expertise.
- Excellent Judgement: You have an astute and attentive “stakeholder first” mentality, exercising discretion, and excellent judgment in handling stakeholder engagements, confidential information, and balancing competing priorities to reach organizational objectives.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven experience in building a sales pipeline and managing corporate accounts; successful track record driving opportunities from lead generation to closure.
- Demonstrated ability to logically organize and build effective systems to manage complex information and processes.
- Outstanding written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills, and consistently high attention to detail
- Strong functional knowledge of Google Suite
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Ability to roll out strategies to maximize the donor life cycle by ensuring that touchpoints with the organization are strategic, intentional, and designed to maximize engagement and retention.
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE
You kick off a typical day by reviewing your calendar and ensuring you are prepared for internal and external meetings. You meet with the Executive Director to discuss community engagement priorities and then dive into a strategic project creating the structure and curriculum for a new alumni career development opportunity with one of our corporate partners. After that, you check on our grants portfolio to ensure you are on top of all upcoming reporting and proposal deadlines and then wrap up the day by reaching out to check in with our Regional Leadership Council leadership team to share the goals for this month’s national meeting. Every day is different in this dynamic role. You are connecting with partners, donors, and supporters, creating strategic engagement opportunities with our US and international program teams, drafting grant proposals, creating campaigns, engaging with our Board of Directors and Regional Leadership Councils, and making sure our fundraising and development systems are organized and up to date. You’re celebrating the wins and learning from missed opportunities, keeping team members informed on our fundraising progress, and building buy-in with all stakeholders.
Play a critical role in generating the resources and relationships that will drive our next stage of growth and impact. Create the strategies, systems, campaigns, and engagements that help make Global Glimpse a household name.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 7,500 students and 550 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $13M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global Glimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
- Location: Global Glimpse has transitioned to a fully remote culture with staff across the country and around the world. This position is remote with semi-frequent travel to support our programs and partners across the United States and infrequent international travel.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; ideal start date is July, 2021
- Compensation: We are proud to provide a total compensation package that puts the person first, and can discuss in more detail once a candidate has applied. We have a comprehensive benefits package, learn more about our benefits here.
- Application process: Submit your resume online – no need to include a cover letter, we want to hear from you directly!
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps:
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should reflect, respect, and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.