We attract courageous, passionate, results-oriented professionals and provide exceptional opportunities for personal and professional development, in addition to competitive compensation. If you’re interested in exploring a career with us, we invite you to learn more about what we believe, our model, and our people.
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer, and we strive for our staff to reflect the diverse communities we serve. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Designer, Development (Remote)
Global Glimpse is seeking a creative and motivated Designer to join our dynamic Development Team. The Designer will work closely with members of the Development Team to help meet the organization’s ambitious growth goals by bringing the Global Glimpse story to life for our community of funders and supporters. This role is the perfect opportunity for an ambitious individual to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced, highly successful, growing international non-profit organization. This is a part-time year round position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position over the next year.
Impact Report (20%)
- Support with the development of Global Glimpse’s annual Impact Report – including but not limited to graphic design, photography, and strategic positioning of content to convey strong program impact.
- Work with Senior Communications Manager to ensure Impact Report graphics and data are up-to-date on the Global Glimpse website and all funding materials.
Year End Fundraising (10%)
- Support the Development Team to run successful year end fundraising campaigns through the development of visual content to accompany emails and mailings.
- Provide design support for key stewardship initiatives by ensuring that all projects (i.e. donor appreciation boxes) accurately reflect the Global Glimpse brand.
Community Engagement & Stewardship (20%)
- Support the visual design elements of donor stewardship initiatives – including but not limited to the development and maintenance of a recurring monthly Passport Circle platform, triannual donor newsletter, and other community initiatives.
- Support the design needs to launch and grow an alumni engagement program to steward program alumni to stay involved and give back to Global Glimpse.
- Support with content development and design needs for Regional Leadership Council initiatives, events, and corporate partners.
- Design annual thank you cards and Development Team print materials to ensure a professional presentation of the Global Glimpse brand to key stakeholders.
- 1+ years of professional design experience; nonprofit, product, or agency experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Graphic Design, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field (Rising undergraduate or graduate school seniors graduating by spring 2020 with an experienced design portfolio will be considered.)
- Passion for travel, international education, and youth development
- Exemplary organization skills and attention to detail with a creative eye for design
- Strategic thinker, ability to synthesize complex information and visually convey key messages
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work under time constraints
- Results and KPI driven, not afraid to think big and deliver flawlessly
- Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite; InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator
- Photography and videography skills are a plus!
Reports to: Corporate and Community Engagement Manager
Part-Time Position: An average of 15-20 hours a week (with seasonal increases of up to 25 hours), $25 an hour. The ideal candidate would be able to increase their availability from the months of September through December and strive for consideration of full-time employment by September 2020 through successful completion of meeting all position KPIs.
Location: Remote (U.S. ONLY), with preference given to candidates based in the SF Bay Area, New York City, Chicago, or Denver.
Start Date: Mid-August 2019
Deadline: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please send your resume, a digital portfolio of work, and cover letter detailing your reasons for wanting to work for Global Glimpse and qualifications for the position to [email protected] Please have “Designer, Development – Your Name” in the subject line of the email. In your cover letter, please provide 3 references. They will not be contacted until you have gone through a final interview. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis.