INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a dedicated and passionate international operator – someone organized, detail-oriented, and consistent who profoundly values connection and develops authentic relationships with program partners. Reporting to the VP of International Programs, the International Operations Manager will manage program expansion, stewardship of international program partners, curriculum development, and manage health and safety systems, staff training and summer response. This is an ideal role for an organized go-getter with a passion for global education and skills to execute and innovate in a fast-paced cross-cultural environment.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT:
International Programs Management & Innovation
Take part in creating a powerful and impactful curriculum based on empathy, agency, and global perspective for young people from all backgrounds.
- Build on existing program training to ensure Program Coordinators are onboarded effectively, inspired to run programs, and understand their roles and responsibilities
- Support quality checking program itineraries across all countries
- Work in collaboration with the VP of International Programs on curriculum upgrades
- Travel to existing programs to lead Program Coordinator training across all countries as needed
- Collaborate with our US program team members to ensure alignment in trip messaging and training for Global Glimpse Leaders and students
- Ensure systems for monitoring and evaluation are set up to evaluate impact and quality of program experience to be analyzed across the US and International stakeholders
International Program Expansion
Identify and collaborate with country and community partners to support the opening of new programs in current and new countries.
- Work with the VP of International Programs to manage opening new programs in new sites. This includes but is not limited to developing a new trip curriculum, reviewing risk assessments of activities and vendors, and site visits
- Research and source new country and community partners that Global Glimpse can partner with in the future
Strengthen approaches to health & safety
Coordinate with Global Glimpse’s Risk Management Partners, Medical Director, and health and safety initiatives to maximize the safety of our programs for students, Global Glimpse Leaders, and community partners.
- Organize all health and safety training for Global Glimpse and community partners
- Steward the relationship with Global Glimpse’s risk management partners to ensure the completion of Global Glimpse’s health and safety initiatives
- Manage the full health form review process to clear students for travel
- Be on call 24/7 during the execution of programs and support summer incident management and response during the summer travel season
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- Expert Communicator: You have strong emotional intelligence, and build trust and rapport easily with program partners around the world and across cultures. You communicate clearly and effectively, understanding who needs to know what and adapting the message accordingly.
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you nerd out on making things more efficient and figuring out processes to support operations. You have impeccable skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision.
- Handles Ambiguity: You can navigate uncertainty and confidently chart your course in new, unstructured, or changing environments.
- Excellent Judgment: Good listener, committed to finding solutions to problems, good decision maker in fast-paced environments.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (required)
- Experience leading Global Glimpse youth travel programs (required)
- Experience in risk management and crisis response
- Ability to work extended hours during the summer programs, which include weekends and evenings
- Strong functional knowledge of Google Suite
- Experience writing and facilitating training and international education curriculum with a strong lens on DEIB
Lead the next stage of growth and impact for Global Glimpse’s international programs. Design programs to deepen learning, facilitate cross-cultural trainings, and manage health & safety systems to support our students, community partners, and teachers to have the most powerful, safe, and beautiful travel experiences possible.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 8,500 students and 700 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $14M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources into building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global Glimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
- Location: Remote (USA & Latin America) with some US and International travel to support our programs and partners across programs.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; the ideal start date is November 1st, 2022.
- Compensation: Compensation for this role is $70,000 – $95,000 if based in the US. The salary is adjusted for the cost of living and labor for staff based in other countries. We are proud to provide a total compensation package that puts the person first and can discuss in more detail once a candidate has applied. We have a comprehensive benefits package, learn more about our benefits here.
- Application process: This position is currently being offered to past/present Global Glimpse staff only. Please complete the application, which will ask you to upload a resume, answer a couple of short questions, and complete a Performance Assessment (1.5 hours of work time).
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps:
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should reflect, respect, and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.