ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a community builder – someone caring, detail-oriented, and consistent who deeply values connection and develops authentic relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will oversee and grow our regional and national institutional funding partnerships and work to take our individual giving program to the next level through strategic engagement, meaningful stewardship, and solid infrastructure. This is an ideal role for an organized go-getter with expert networker skills to execute and innovate in a fast-paced environment.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT:
Inspire and support individual giving:
Partner with individual donors to expand access to travel, leadership, and global learning for young people from all backgrounds.
- Build on existing strategies and tactics to strategically segment and steward individual donors in ways that maximize relationships and impact
- Work in collaboration with the Director of Development and the Executive Director to develop a major gifts program and strategy to attract and retain new high-level annual donors
- Oversee all giving campaigns, appeals, and donor asks for donors of all levels including messaging, design, and web solicitation
Build world-changing partnerships:
Work with institutional funders that are invested in youth development, international education, and travel to maximize impact.
- Manage and grow a strong portfolio of foundation funders in ways that drive collaboration and impact
- Manage the full lifecycle of grants and institutional funders, including but not limited to: stewarding funders and keeping them informed, tracking submission and reporting deadlines, writing and submitting letters of intent, proposals, and reports, and pulling data for reporting purposes
- Source and network into the prospective foundation and institutional funding opportunities to develop and expand a strong grant pipeline
Develop systems that maximize impact:
Partner with funders, donors, and partners to generate resources and support to maximize our program impact on students, families, educators, and community partners.
- Look for opportunities for us to improve our individual donor and foundation management and engagement systems, processes, and strategies
- Closely track donor data and funder analytics and leverage data to drive fundraising and development strategy
- Source new potential supporters, donors, and partners to increase our reach and deepen our impact
Share our story:
Create and manage inspiring engagements that support donors and supporters to learn about the lives of our students, educators, team members, and community partners.
- Draft newsletters, funder updates, and social content that keeps our donors, partners, and supporters informed and engaged in our work
- Find creative ways to collaborate with our program team members to amplify the diverse voices of our community – students, educators, and staff – in order to bring our program impact to life
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- Expert Communicator: You have strong emotional intelligence, and build trust and rapport easily with stakeholders from diverse backgrounds. You communicate clearly and effectively, understanding who needs to know what and adapting the message accordingly. You have a strong eye for design, optics, and visual storytelling.
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you nerd out on making things more efficient and figuring out the best technology to support operations. You have impeccable skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision.
- Handles Ambiguity: You can navigate uncertainty and confidently chart your course in new, unstructured, or changing environments.
- Results Driven: You have strong business acumen and you show a sense of urgency in achieving your goal and hold yourself accountable to the outcomes you set for yourself. You hold yourself to unusually high standards, and that is reflected in the content you produce; you seek input from others to continually build your expertise.
- Excellent Judgment: You have an astute and attentive “stakeholder first” mentality, exercising discretion, and excellent judgment in handling stakeholder engagements, confidential information, and balancing competing priorities to reach organizational objectives.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Proven experience in managing individual donor stewardship & major gifts
- Successful track record of driving fundraising opportunities from lead generation to closure
- Proven experience in managing foundation fundraising operations and relationships
- Demonstrated ability to logically organize and build effective systems to manage complex information and processes
- Outstanding written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills, and consistently high attention to detail
- Strong functional knowledge of Google Suite
- Experience with CRM platforms, preferably Salesforce
- Ability to roll out strategies to maximize the donor life cycle by ensuring that touchpoints with the organization are strategic, intentional, and designed to maximize engagement and retention
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE
You kick off a typical day by reviewing your calendar and ensuring you are prepared for internal and external meetings. You meet with the Executive Director and Director of Development to discuss individual donor communication priorities, review the outreach pipeline tracker that you have developed to manage fundraising leads, and align on messaging and design for the holiday campaign. You then dive into a strategic project creating the structure for a donor engagement virtual event featuring alumni from across the country. After that, you check on our grants portfolio to ensure you are on top of all upcoming proposals and reporting and wrap up the day by writing thank you cards to donors who’ve contributed over the past week. Every day is different in this dynamic role. You are connecting with donors and supporters, creating engagement opportunities with our US and international program teams, drafting grant proposals, managing campaigns, and making sure our fundraising and development systems are organized and up to date. You’re celebrating the wins and learning from missed opportunities, keeping team members informed on our fundraising progress, and building buy-in with all stakeholders.
Play a critical role in generating the resources and relationships that will drive our next stage of growth and impact. Create the strategies, systems, campaigns, and engagements that help make Global Glimpse a household name.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 7,500 students and 550 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $13M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global GLimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND BELONGING
We know that in order for our programs to be truly transformative for students from all backgrounds they must be both accessible and inclusive. For that reason, we are unwavering in our commitment to building and supporting a team of staff, educators, board members, and community partners that reflect, respect, and understand the backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and communities that we serve.
- Location: Global Glimpse has transitioned to a fully remote culture with staff across the country and around the world. This position is remote with some travel to support our programs and partners across the United States and infrequent international travel.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; ideal start date is September, 2022
- Compensation: $70,000-$95,000
- Benefits: Full health benefits, unlimited PTO, half-day Wellness Fridays… We are proud to provide a total rewards package that puts the person first. You can learn more about our comprehensive benefits package here.
- Application process: Submit your resume and answer some short questions online! No need to include a cover letter, we want to hear from you directly!
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps (not necessarily in this order):
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should both reflect and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.