PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a people person – someone even keel, organized, and consistent who understands the saying, “culture eats strategy for lunch,” and wants to continue to make Global Glimpse an incredible place to work as we rebuild and grow. This role will own strategy and operations for our People & Culture department working in close partnership with our Chief Operating Officer to build and manage people processes that are set to scale while maximizing engagement throughout the team member lifecycle. You will have autonomy and the opportunity to work alongside our executives, managers, and team to bring in new ideas and initiatives and overhaul outdated practices. In addition, you will have the opportunity to partner with DEI experts to promote diversity and inclusion initiatives and create inspiration and alignment in a remote work environment. This is an ideal role for an organized go-getter with a solid background in Human Resources and the desire to level up in leadership and breadth in a fast-paced environment.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY FOR IMPACT:
Envision the future of people & culture at Global Glimpse:
Collaborate with leadership on culture, org design, and workforce planning to strategically scale the organization as we grow
- Develop and execute strategies to attract, develop, engage, and retain top talent
- Oversee full-cycle HR, including talent acquisition, onboarding, learning & development, performance management, compensation & benefits, and offboarding
Support connection and belonging on our team:
Develop and execute culture initiatives to foster cohesiveness across our global team including team member education, trainings, events, and summits.
- Lead the continued implementation of DEI best practices, with the support of a DEI Consultant, into all HR processes
Improve efficiency and effectiveness:
Develop or iterate upon current HR processes and systems to maximize engagement and drive high performance; ensure smooth implementation and adoption of new processes and policies across the organization.
- Manage team member benefit programs and recommend upgrades to our comp and benefits package to keep us competitive in the market
- Conduct team member engagement surveys and create action plans based on results
WHO WILL THRIVE IN THIS ROLE
We know that it takes more than hard skills to build a winning team. We are looking for teammates who bring diverse experiences, backgrounds, and perspectives and will contribute to our culture and bring strengths in the following areas to their work:
- People Focused: You are an excellent people manager who has the ability to establish trust and credibility with diverse people at all levels. You have experience coaching team members through difficult issues like underperformance and interpersonal conflict with a people-first mindset
- Thoughtful Communicator: You have strong emotional intelligence, You approach interpersonal relationships with self-awareness and empathy. You are an adept listener and a thoughtful writer and communicator
- Highly Organized: You love organization and structure, you have impeccable skills in time management and follow-through, and you require minimal supervision.
- Systems Minded: You thrive creatively when systems are in place to manage the basic tenets of your work and maximize efficiency. You have experience creating teams where individuals grow and thrive, building new infrastructure, and improving existing processes using data and feedback
- Growth Mindset: You have a growth mindset and model a culture of continuous improvement by seeking out feedback from others. You’re a problem-solver. You understand that everything has trade-offs and how to balance those when making bets and decisions.
- Excellent Judgement: You have an astute and attentive people-first mentality, exercising discretion, and excellent judgment in handling sensitive issues, confidential information, and balancing competing priorities to reach organizational objectives.
- Connected to our Mission: You have had experiences in your own life that drive your passion for Global Glimpse’s mission and vision.
OTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of best practices and industry standards in full-stack HR, but you thrive when working on team member engagement, L&D, and/or performance management
- Comfortable with technology and workflow systems including HRIS, Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides)
A TYPICAL DAY IN THIS ROLE
You kick off a typical day by reviewing your calendar and ensuring you are prepared for internal and external meetings. You meet with the Chief Operating Officer to check in on planning for an upcoming all-staff retreat. After that, you connect with a team member to discuss their professional development plan, work through strategic and operational improvements to our performance evaluation strategy and systems, and close out the day with some recruitment work in our alumni database to support a new role in alumni engagement. Every day is different in this dynamic role. You are connecting with team members across the US and around the world, optimizing systems, rolling out new initiatives, and building culture. You’re celebrating the wins and learning from missed opportunities, making sure our team members feel valued and supported.
Play a critical role in building the next stage of people & culture at Global Glimpse. Create the strategies, systems, and customs that help make Global Glimpse an incredible place for people from diverse backgrounds to work, grow, and thrive.
ABOUT GLOBAL GLIMPSE
Global Glimpse provides travel, leadership, and global learning opportunities to high school students from diverse backgrounds. Our programs develop empathy, agency, and global perspective, empowering a new generation of young leaders with the skills they need to succeed in college and careers and drive change in their communities.
We bring high school students from different racial, ethnic, socioeconomic, and geographic backgrounds together through shared experience, and since 2008 we have served over 7,500 students and 550 educators across 100 US high schools and provided over $13M in scholarships.
Our people are everything at Global Glimpse and we invest significant time, focus, and resources to building the best environment possible for our team to thrive and make an impact. At Global Glimpse you can expect to find a culture that reflects our values:
- Access & diversity are at the heart of our work
- We humbly strive for excellence
- We communicate with honesty & transparency
- We are growth-minded & solutions-oriented
- We are both mission-driven & business savvy
- Location: Global Glimpse has transitioned to a fully remote culture with staff across the country and around the world. This position is remote with travel required for US and international team retreats.
- Start Date: We are assessing applications as they arrive; ideal start date is August, 2021
- Compensation: We are proud to provide a total compensation package that puts the person first, and can discuss in more detail once a candidate has applied. We have a comprehensive benefits package, learn more about our benefits here.
- Application process: Submit your resume online – no need to include a cover letter, we want to hear from you directly!
We spend time getting to know our applicants and ensuring that they have the opportunity to get to know our teams. We believe it’s important for applicants to connect with a range of team members and stakeholders so that they can get a well-rounded sense of who we are and how we work. Once resumes are received our applicant review process includes the following steps:
Global Glimpse is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our team should reflect, respect, and understand the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and experiences of the students and community partners that we serve. We know that a diverse team, informed by different cultures and perspectives, makes us stronger. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.