Hola! Me llamo Nicole Williams y estoy muy emocionada para el viaje este verano! (Hi guys! My name is Nicole Williams, and I am super excited for the trip this summer!)
I am seventeen and an about-to-be senior at James Logan High School in Union City. These past three years, I’ve had the pleasure of learning the amazing and beautiful Spanish language, and I am absolutely in love with it. It’s allowed me to connect with people I otherwise had a language barrier with, and for that, I am extremely grateful. This trip will not only allow me an incredible opportunity to experience a new, different country, but also give me ample time to practice my growing Spanish vocabulary.
I wanted to take this time to introduce myself, because although we may be strangers now, we’ll be spending three weeks together pretty soon. So to bridge that gap, here are a couple other facts about me:
- My little family consists of me, my older sister, my mom, and my bald dad.
- I love to play soccer and read in my free time. I’ve played soccer since I was five, and the sport has taught me much about teamwork.
- Some of my friends and I call ourselves P.A.H.C. 🙂 We’ve been friends since eighth grade and I would do anything for them. In eighth grade, we all dressed up in Pac Man costumes for Halloween.
- My other two friends, Kim and Casey, I’ve known since my freshman year. They have my back through anything and I have the incredible opportunity to travel with them this summer.
- Sadly, I am not five feet tall.
- I love chocolate with a passion.
- I was adopted as a baby, and have since visited my orphanage. Traveling to China and seeing where I might’ve lived was indescribable. I am excited to get the opportunity to visit another country.
- Sólo tengo tres años de clases de español, pero me encanta la lengua. Estoy muy emocionada y lista para practicar lo que he aprendido.
- I am obsessed with puzzles and word crosses (the old school ones).
- I love reading, especially science fiction.
- Netflix and I have a complicated relationship. It keeps me up at night when I should be getting sleep, haha. Some of my favorite shows are Law & Order, Helix, White Collar, Heroes, Fringe, and How I Met Your Mother.
- I realized at a young age that I want to work with children in the future, in any capacity. Currently, I work at a summer camp where I am able to get experience. Hearing the simple, funny jokes, and having them guess my age (26) is hilarious and special. I want to leave a positive impact on the world starting with the future: the children.
- I love hearing people’s stories, and I look forward to meeting everyone!
Espero que tengamos una aventura inolvidable, y estoy más que la suerte de poder compartir esta experiencia con dos de mis mejores amigas. No puedo esperar para conocer a todos ustedes! Que tengamos un verano especial con muchos recuerdos. (I hope that we have an unforgettable adventure, and I am more than lucky to be able to share this experience with two of my best friends. I can’t wait to meet all of you! I hope we have a special summer with lots of memories.)
Adiós por ahora, y nos vemos pronto! 🙂