My name is Laura Ochoa I will be one of your two Global Glimpse Leaders traveling with you to the Las Tablas. I am a US-born, Mexican-raised, High School Spanish teacher with a love for food and travel. I have lived and traveled all across the world. Just to name a few, I have lived in France, Ecuador and Uganda for some time. I have taken students to both Central America and Europe. This is actually my first time visiting Panama and I am super excited!!
I became a GGL because I have a tremendous love and passion for international travel, as well as planning and assisting trips abroad with high school students for the sole purpose of developing and broadening appreciation of various cultures. It is going to be life changing and I am so thrilled that you all get to experience this expedition.
Things I love:
- All kinds of music, currently into: Reggaeton
- SF Giants, I am a huge fan!
- Traveling & eating (together)
- High school students (duh)
Some recommendations & tips (as you prepare for your trip):
- Passport (make sure you have your passport ready and not expired).
- Study & practice your Spanish.
- Read about our destination to learn about the culture, people, weather, etc (this helps familiarize yourself with our destination).
- Get excited!!!!!
Reach out if you have any questions or need anything in preparing for your adventure. I cannot wait to travel with all of you this summer for an unforgettable experience.
Hasta Pronto y Un Gran Abrazo,
~ Laura =)