It’s ONE MONTH til we leave for our wonderful trip to Leon! It was great meeting all of you last week and I can’t wait for us all to embark on our adventure.
- Bring your Passport + 2 copies to give to your leader for safe-keeping.
- DO NOT FORGET YOUR PASSPORT.
AA 68 18JUL San Francisco(SFO)-Miami(MIA) Depart 6:15A Arrive 3:05P
AA 993 18JUL Miami(MIA)-Managua(MGA) Depart 6:35P Arrive 7:10P
- Please arrive at the airport 3 hours before your scheduled flight –>3:15am!!!
- You will be receiving an e-ticket this week in your email.
- You are allowed one carry-on (backpack recommended) and one bag to check (up to 50 lbs.
- Your carry-on must include an extra set of clothes, as we will be spending our first night in Managua before heading to Leon.
- If you are bringing a bag of donations, you are responsible for paying for it.
- It will be hot (think 90-100 degrees) and HUMID. You will be sweating.
- Even though it will be hot, please err on the side of conservative attire. Comfy clothes (i.e. basketball shorts, etc) are appropriate for the hostel only.
- There will be bugs! Bring Deet!
- You must have a sturdy 1-quart water bottle, a backpack, rain jacket/gear, sunblock, bug spray, and wet wipes.
- Refer to Packing List for more information.
- You will be able to have your laundry done up to two times, at a cost of ~$10 each.
- All money in US denominations.
- Someone will come to our hostel to change our money for us.
- $10 for Visa into Nicaragua (presented at the airport.
- $15-30 for Community Action Project.
- $80-200 (or less) for souvenirs, sodas, snacks, laundry.
- Your parents and friends can track your trip on our blog.
- Check soon for the first blog post!
See you on 7/18 at SFO at 3:15am!!!